30K Miles Service in Richmond, VA
To maintain your vehicle and ensure that it remains in pristine condition, it is crucial to bring it in for servicing at the appropriate service intervals. This means getting your vehicle serviced around every 30,000 miles or so. Your new vehicle will need a 30k service, 60k service and 90k services to start. We at Auto Rescuecan notify you when your vehicle needs servicing, and you can bring your car to our service center in Richmond. Your vehicle itself should also warn you when maintenance is needed soon and when it is required at the appropriate service intervals. Each make and model has a unique service schedule that is listed in your vehicle's manual. However, a general rule of thumb is to bring your vehicle in for servicing every 30,000 miles.
It is important to get your car regularly serviced to prevent any large damages to your vehicle. At around the 30k service interval, your vehicle is probably about two years old assuming that you drive the average yearly amount. Even though your vehicle is still relatively new, these are the services you should have performed on your vehicle before it hits 30,000 miles:
- Air Filter - Air filters make sure that harmful pollutants stay out of your vehicle's engine. This protects your engine from possible damage and ensures that it performs at its optimal level. A clogged air filter can make it more difficult for your engine to breathe. The air filter prevents any dust, insects, particles, debris, or sand from reaching the engine to make sure the right amount of air and fuel is reaching your vehicle. It is ideal to get your air filter changed every 15,000 to 30,000 miles. However, if you drive more in a dusty environment, it is recommended to replace the air filter more frequently, such as every 15,000 miles.
- Fuel Filter - Fuel filters ensure that the fuel entering your engine is clean and will not damage your vehicle. It protects your engine from harmful debris. Your engine will not run properly if your fuel filter is clogged, so it is important to replace this regularly. If your fuel filter is very clogged, it could prevent fuel from reaching your engine.
- Oil changes - Avoid unnecessary damage to your engine by getting a regular oil change. Your engine needs oil to ensure that it is running properly and is well lubricated. Determining when you need to get an oil change depends on the type of oil and what your manufacturer says, but at every factory scheduled maintenance, we check your oil to ensure that it is in perfect condition.
- Windshield wipers and blades - Wipers clear your windshield of rain, snow, and dirt and keep your windshield clean. With normal use, your wiper blades will undergo typical wear and tear. Windshield wipers are an essential part of your car. It is important to check and replace it if necessary to keep your windshield free of any debris.
- Tire Rotation - The typical duration to get your tires rotated is every 6,000-8,000 miles, and this service is included in the 30,000-mile service as well. Getting your tires rotated regularly will extend the lifespan of your vehicle's tires, so it is a good investment to get this service performed.
- Power Steering - Power steering works to reduce the amount of effort needed from the driver to turn the steering wheel. Without power steering, steering your vehicle would be much more difficult. Power steering uses either a hydraulic system or an electrical system to assist the driver with steering the vehicle. Power steering that utilizes a hydraulic system relies on a hydraulic pump, the engine’s power, and the hydraulic fluid to steer the vehicle. With the combination of the hydraulic pump and the vehicle’s engine, it applies force on the steering gear by pumping hydraulic fluid to the power steering pump.
Your Reliable Shop for 30k Service
When your car has reached 30,000 miles, you can bring your car to Auto Rescuein Richmond. We make sure that our highly trained mechanics receive ongoing training in automotive technology and auto repair services, and will offer you dealership quality knowledge and experience without the dealership pricing. Your car will go through an inspection and safety check, and all needed repairs will be thoroughly explained for your approval. We will never recommend repairs that aren't absolutely necessary. So why not give us a try? If you are in Richmond, Virginia, Mechanicsville, Virginia, Henrico, Virginia, Glen Allen, Virginia, Ashland, Virginia, or surrounding areas, schedule an appointment at Auto Rescuetoday! You can schedule an appointment with us online, or give us a call .