Drive Train Repair in Richmond, VA
A drive train is a mechanism through which the power from your vehicle's engine reaches the wheels. Drive trains work differently depending on their orientation. Most car makes, including Acura, Audi, Buick, and Cadillac, either have rear-wheel or front-wheel drive trains. In a rear-wheel drive train, the engine's power is delivered to the car's back wheels, and is the most common orientation used on cars and trucks alike. This arrangement is good for delivering weight equally amongst all the vehicle's tires, which makes steering and handling easier. A front-wheel drive train, torque from the engine is supplied to the vehicle's front wheels.
The parts of a drive train include:
- The driveshaft - a long tube of steel that is linked to a car's transmission on one end and the wheels at the other. It transfers the mechanical power of the transmission to other parts of the vehicle
- The U-joint - a flexible pivot point that gives power to the driveshaft.
- CV joints - that are part of the driveshaft and can bend in any direction while turning the drive wheels at a constant velocity.
- The differential - where the power makes its last stop before spinning the wheels.
- The axle shaft - which delivers power from the final drive assembly to the drive wheels.
Some signs that your vehicle may need a drive train repair include:
- Vibrations while driving - Driveshafts are made to prevent vibrations, so if you feel any vibrations while you're driving, your vehicle probably needs a drive train service.
- Loud noises - Clunking, scraping, or rattling sounds. If you hear strange noises, there is likely an issue with your vehicle's U-joint and indicates a rotation problem.
- Your transmission fluid starts leaking - If you do not address the issues with your drive train right away, your vehicle's transmission will pay the price and you will probably notice leaking of transmission fluid.
The longer you wait to get a drive train service, the more damage will be done to your vehicle. If you are in Henrico, don't wait to bring your car to Auto Rescue in Richmond. Our Expert technicians can take care of your vehicle. In addition, to drive train service, we also specialize in scheduled maintenance, and Truck Repair.
Drive Train Service Shop Serving Richmond and Beyond
- We are Experts
- Years of Experience
Detecting damage or leaks to the A/C system of your vehicle sooner rather than later, can save you both time and money, keeping you and everyone in your car cool and worry free. Call us today or come to our auto repair shop and schedule an appointment with our technicians!